Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quick Catch Up

Joshua and I are both back in Auburn now. The fall semester has already begun. Joshua has four sections of introductory Medical Ethics. Altogether he has about 120 students.

Joshua has reported to have had a nice time visiting his brother and his two best friends from childhood in Bremerton. It sounds like the Bellingham Summer Philosophy Conference was fun as well.

I had an amazing trip home. I got to spend time with both of my families as well as my Grandmother. I also got to see some good friends, Tara and Brian, who drove out of their way to come visit me and spend some quality time with my dear friend Becky.

My brothers and sisters continue to surprise and delight me as they grow up. That all of them are turning into or are already awesome young adults is a beautiful thing. I got to enjoy time with each of them. Bolin and I went on his paper routes together, Garren and I did a couple of Slurpee runs, Leia and I spent a great deal of time with horses. Tika and I did some shopping.

My Grandma was, as ever, a warm, interesting, hilarious woman. I had a great time seeing her in her new element (a retirement community) and meeting all of her new friends and neighbors. We both got to spend an unprecedented amount of time with my uncle and aunt which was also fabulous! I know I sound all gushy, or whatever, but I just had an amazing time.

So, the Washington trips get four giant thumbs in the air. Well played Pacific Northwest…well played. I am from you and I love you.

Also, quick side note, I turned 27. I love a good birthday and this one was no slouch! I had ice cream cake and the Olympics opening ceremony, a couple of delicious b-day dinners and the like.

1 comment:

Rebekka P said...

08/08/08! An awesome day!