Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rooster's

We finally found it people. Ok, found might be a bit misleading...let's say we were finally presented to awesome-wise. I knew from the first moment I looked through the front door of the place that this was going to be the watering hole for us. Like a beautiful omen, I saw the bouncer, sporting a honest to god mohawk. The first I'd seen in Auburn. A bar that is regularly filled with people who look like us. (Ok, Ok. So, I don't have a mohawk. But I like them. I tend to feel good when I can see one on a person near me. I wish it were the case that everywhere I went there was at least one person with a mohawk and that I could see them.) The clientele exhibit the regular (read: the way I dress) to hipster looking fashion. For those in Rochester I'd say kind of like the Lux but a little lighter on the "Alt Kid Street Cred" look. For those from the Bellingham days I'd say it is like a cross between a hipster bar and maybe the Up & Up but smaller and cooler. Gone are the days of three stranded 20/30 somethings adrift in a sea of undergraduates wearing polos and sun dresses. This bar offers a refreshingly diverse crowd, with at least one kind, competent bartender and decent drink offerings. Andrew & Neal, they've got Jameson! (You would not believe how tricky it is to find decent non-bourbon whisk(e)y in bars around here!) It has only one pool table, which some people might find lacking, but I think it is great because I rather dislike pool. They have a pub quiz night, karaoke night, live music and a lovely outdoor seating area.

How's that for an endorsement. Take that other bars of Auburn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, Bree and Joshua, you've found your niche! I can't believe that Mohawks are back in style - they started appearing when I was in high school!!
I'm working 11-3 today, look at the time, must run - let's talk soon.

Neal Tognazzini said...

Hey Bree, I'm just getting caught up on all your blog posts after an excellent two weeks in Ireland! And speaking of Jameson, while in Dublin Anna and I took a tour of the Jameson Distillery (it was quite impressive) at the end of which we got to participate in a whisk(e)y taste test: Johnnie Walker Black vs. Jameson vs. Jack Daniels. Maybe Ireland was getting to my head, but I had to go with the Jameson all the way. We also got to visit the Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland, as well as the Guinness Storehouse, so it was definitely an alcohol-filled trip! Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you and Joshua are doing well. Enjoy those crazy football games, and let's talk on the phone sometime soon.