Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The President's...oh let's be honest and call it a Mansion

Gil Mantera's Party Dream played a show this evening in Birmingham. I know that I am not the woman I once was, because I skipped said show to attend a reception at the President of Auburn University's gigantic house for new faculty and their guests. It was a huge catered affair. The President shook hands with everyone as they came in and inquired about the department they were with. Good food. Crazy digs. I mean, big and super fancy. We had a decent time. Pretty sure it isn't as good as a Gil show though. Still it was a pleasure as always to chill in our little group consisting of Joshua, Brandt and myself.

Plenty of fun was had afterwords however. We went to Cambridge coffee and had some espresso, which by the way is why I am up typing blog posts at 4:50am on a Wednesday morning. Then to our apartment for random youtube offerings, finally ending up at the previously mentioned bar, Rooster's.

Hopefully GMPD won't give up on me (and the south) just because I've spurned their most recent advances. I only want justice.

No comments: